April 4, 2008

Butterflies all a flutter!

Today is the day we can breathe a little easier. While we won't be able to completely relax, having some answers will take off a huge weight from our minds & hearts.
Our appointment is set for 4PM today.
I've been talking with Mason here & there, trying to prepare him for the Skin Prick Test (SPT). I'm not certian that he fully understands, but we've talked about how we're going to visit the Dr. today & they are going to tickle his back. We talked about how it might itch or tingle or burn, but that we and the Dr. would keep him safe.
I think I need the talking to much more than he does. My nerves are all over the place. It's a strange excitement. I'm not looking forward to the challenging road that may lie ahead, or how Mason will react to the testing. Just having some answers, a direction to guide us toward a healthy life for our family, will be such a relief.
This evening may be a little chaotic depending how the testing goes, so I will do my best to post a recounting of the test & the results & the next steps tomorrow while Mason naps.
Please keep us in your thoughts - or at least pray for my sanity, I'm going to need it! :)

No comments: